Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Welcome

Welcome to my blog, my first one. I am going to attempt to provide reviews of local restaurants in, or around Ann Arbor Michigan, Ypsilanti, usually within 30 miles of Ann Arbor from a somewhat not proper, country boy point of view. 

A little about me and food, I love Food. Im not into really spicy although I can tolerate hot, wearing a suit while eating isnt my favorite thing to do although I can do it properly, I like my meat well done but I'll still eat it if its wrong as long as its not bleeding. I can handle bland food pretty well, but if it doesn't taste good to me, something must be really, really wrong with it. I have ate sushi, calamari, chicken, steak, broccoli... you name it, I like it all.  

I am pretty shy when it comes to telling somebody at a restaurant whether it be a waiter,waitress, or a manager that something with the food or service is wrong, so now I just take what they give me and now will write about it. I dont think that I should have to tell somebody that something is wrong. 

Alot of the time it is going to be me and my wife eating out together, sometimes with 5 month old child, sometimes with our parents, sometimes with friends. When the baby is with us it adds another item to talk about in the blog, kid/baby friendliness, if she comes with us, I will talk about it.

Groupon, LivingSocial, and other deal websites influence where we usually eat out alot of the time. These deals make good reasons to go try new places. If you haven't heard of them, check them out. I have had good luck with these "coupon" deal places. Although I have also had some restaurants look at me and seem to treat us sub-par because we are using them. I have also had to email the deal websites because of problems with the deals, and most of the time the problem is fixed.

I believe that service in America is going down the drain, and people should open up their eyes and see just what restaurants hit the mark on food quality and service, and which ones don't. Some restaurants have been remarkable and I bite myself in the butt for not starting this blog sooner as they should receive credit.

Now I have a place to put my thoughts an opinions, right here. Enjoy.

Feel free to email me at joedownard@gmail.com. 
I am always open to suggestions, invites, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment